13.7.07

Job Found ?

PORT OF SINGAPORE AUTHORITY

Could it be this organisation ? Hope so....really tired of looking around for jobs. Don't think people of my calibre should take so long sourcing around rite ? Haha.. :P

Went for an interview this morning 0830hrs, fwah ! Really so onz for PSA to conduct interviews soooo early. However, when i reached, it was like Singapore Idol Audition, with close to 30 guys eyeing for the same position ! And i waited close to 11am when i was interviewed by 3 middle-aged interviewer.

Was worried. B'cos i do not wish to find jobs again, if unsucessful, i will go back to my Personal Trainer post in a month's time.

To my amusement, the first 10 mins of the interview session got me talking about my gym workouts, how to plan for each workout, the frequency & what if fren's jio u out for a drink !!!! All these questions are easy to me man...after being interviewed by California & Planet Fitness.

They got me to touch a bit on my last career, which to THEIR amusement, RSN is REALLY protecting the nation ! 2/3 of the interviewers do not buy my words. The other 1 is really a silent man.

I left after a short 20 mins or so interview feeling pretty confident. But to fight against so many guys, i still must show some respect to them. But having a 10yrs in the RSN title with me really gives me a competitive edge.

On my way home at the expressway, phone got ringing, decided not to answer. When i made the call back, its PSA ! Oh yes...tentatively got the job, but must pass this coming Monday Medical Test. Dunno wat isit, but the attire is t-shirts,jeans & sneakers....hmmm~

4 Comments:

At 10:37 pm, Blogger jerryshe said...

is it that they are too boring after interviewing too many people that started to talk cock? what's the $ tag?

 
At 11:56 am, Blogger MaxOnline said...

Perhaps ! I think is bcos one of the interviewer is a talk cock king.

I was very worried initially cos nearly every tat went it, the room is filled with laughter !!

It was then my turn tat i know it is the talk cock king who make the whole interview process so relax & enjoyable !

$2300 starting pay.
3-6mths will become Ops Supv. increase $100.

Ops supv got rank 1,2,3, machiam like CPT 1 / 2. Each increment may differ.

 
At 11:04 pm, Blogger jerryshe said...

the pay is not too bad huh. hopefully the bonus will be fat to compensate for the reduction in current pay. where your office gonna be if u are recruited? keep us posted of the outcome.

 
At 2:11 am, Blogger MaxOnline said...

oh yes...hopefully marine / offshore / shipping industry can continue to prosperous in the next 2 yrs !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home